That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Monday, October 24, 2011

Thinking....

Training plan idea, based on current work schedule and gym/yoga studio class offerings:

Monday - short (2-3 mile) easy run, spin class
Tuesday - short easy run, 30ish minute swim
Wednesday -  tempo run or speedwork in the AM (~45 minutes), either a bike ride or yoga class or swim in the PM
Thursday - pilates (AM), circuit training class (PM)
Friday - NOTHING, ZIP, NADA, OFF (Fridays are a really good day for me to be unmotivated!)
Saturday - long run (keeping this at 6-8 miles for now)
Sunday - long bike ride, yin yoga if schedule permits; I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do when it's too cold to bike outside. Probably pout. Maybe start doing some long swims And pout. Heehee.

That's about 10 hours of workouts a week, which is good, because that's probably about what I'll need to dedicate to half ironman training. The strength and flexibility stuff will probably be phased out at the peak of that training, just because there are only 168 hours in a week, and I need time to sleep and socialize and relax and keep the huz from feeling neglected. Oh, and my boss likes me to work sometimes too. But I'll hopefully have a decent strength and flexibility base that I can maintain at that point.

I found a 13 hour a week full ironman plan and I'm not sure whether to trust it or not, but 13 hours a week sounds completely doable. And hey, I'll be training to complete, not compete, right?

I want to try 4 runs a week; some of them are just much shorter than I'm used to running. I think that'll keep my running legs fresher and let me build some speed. That's the theory, anyway.

It sounds great now because I'm super motivated. Imma see how it looks in a couple of weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment