That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Good news

Mental funk is starting to go - a little. And today, for the first time in FOREVER, I ran with NO calf support. NO sleeves. NO tape. NO brace. Ok, ok, so I forgot the brace, but I decided to try an easy run anyway (had stopped at a park on my way home from work) and it was all right! It hurt a little, but nothing more than it's been doing lately. Quite tolerable. 4 miles.

I've had at least some kind of extra something since February. Tape on my right leg. Then the stress reaction. Then back to running, with a pair of calf sleeves for the shin splints. Then extra tape on my left leg since August, then I let the right sleeve go but I've been wearing the new strappy brace for the past month. I'm a little sick of artificially holding my legs together! It's freeing to run unsupported!!

No comments:

Post a Comment