That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Friday, October 7, 2011

aftermath

Last night, my leg felt better than it has in weeks, if not months. Consistently pain-free when I walked on it. It was like running loosened everything up.

This morning, it hurt when I walked on it again. It hurt more than I liked, really, but as the day's gone on, I'm realizing something odd. When I first stand up after I've been sitting for a little while, it HURTS. After I take 5-10 steps on it, it's nearly pain-free again. We're talking the occasional twinge that's about a .5 on a 1-10 pain scale.

I can't even tell you what the pain is. It's not tight, it's not pinpoint, I can't find it when I try to poke at it. The entire inside of my leg just goes OUCH when I stand on it, and then it goes away, like it all loosens up again. As long as I stay on my feet, it's fine. At this rate, I'm optimistic about running on it anyway.

This has got to be the strangest injury ever. I'm not even feeling like messing with the message boards again, but has anyone else ever dealt with this??

1 comment:

  1. Yep...a lot of my injuries felt better when I kept moving because they were all muscle injuries. And if the muscle was loose and "warmed up" it didn't hurt. :) Perhaps that might be why?

    ReplyDelete