That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Thursday, November 8, 2012

no love from my head

Yeah, I'm used to something hurting. Not so much my head.

I had a headache-wanting-to-turn-into-a-migraine from Monday until yesterday night. Yesterday night it became an all-out migraine. Today I've been in a migraine hangover fog.

I very rarely get migraines, but one less than three weeks before my IM? Sure, why not? So this week has been the lowest volume training week since......oh man. Probably before I started training for this thing.

I did get in a 4 mile run yesterday when I thought the headache was better. (Then it came back even meaner!) I did 45 easy minutes on the trainer today. I thought that may help send it out faster, actually. And tonight I will drag my foggy head to swimming because there was no way I was going to subject my head to tight goggles and underwater pressure when it hurt.

Oh well. I'd been wondering how much to taper - my training plan still had what I thought was a pretty high volume for a taper week. My head made that decision for me.

Soooo much to do before the race. Gotta make the final decisions about clothes, nutrition, shoes, gotta pack, gotta get a bike tuneup and send my bike off to Mexico in a week.

17 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment