That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sorry Bob, can't talk to you now, I'm training for an IRONMAN!

These made me laugh, lots.

I'm Truly Sorry For This, But You're About to Hear About the Last Marathon I Ran

How to Brag About Doing an Ironman

That Ironman one?? Guilty as charged.

Neighbor sees me putting my bike on my car: Hey! Are you training for something?

Me: Me? Ah, well, just doing an Ironman in a few months. That's all. I'm meeting up with some friends. We're going to ride 50 miles. Maybe 60 or 70. I'll do whatever they want to do. *shrug* Bye!!!

Also, I saw a car the other day with an Ironman Finisher license plate. Um, yes. WANT. I shall redecorate my entire home and car and everything else with Ironman Finisher memoribilia once this is over.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard not to brag. People ask what you did this weekend and when it included "Ran 15 miles"... I always get questions. I suppose I could omit the info entirely ... but that's no fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. :) Heck, there are a lot of people who get impressed if you say you ran 5 miles, ya know?

    I laughed so hard that I nearly peed about the doorbell thing in the ironman article, though. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete