First of all, the post-flu suck has FINALLY left me and I'm back to where I want to be with my training. YES!!!! Will update more on the training eventually.
Second of all, I owe you two race reports, including probably the most ridiculous tri experience I'll ever have....and that will also have to wait.
A year ago, I came up with 30 things to do while 30. Since I'll only be 30 for 12 more hours, I shall update everyone on how I actually did....
(I meant to keep the updating as a continuous process but.....I didn't.)
1. Run a Marathon - DONE
2. Do a half Ironman - didn't work out. What's funny is that I was aiming for Muncie, but even if I'd been healthy enough to do it, they shortened Muncie due to the heat. It's ok - I'm doing one in a month. Less than that. Gulp!
3. Do a trail race - haha! Squeezed that in last night!
4. Do a century ride - not yet. But soon.
5. Get my PCC-S license - done with all the requirements except 3 more hours of CEUs.
6. Do an unassisted pull-up - crap. I need to hit the gym to see if I can do one....but I'm guessing still no!
7. Do a sub-30 5k - did this 2 days after my birthday, yo.
8. Do a sub-60 10k - did this too. Twice.
9. Grow a veggie garden - the weather has been crap for it, but some basil and a few tomatoes have survived. My carrots are looking good, too.
10. Take swim lessons - I had a coaching session and joined a masters group. That counts.
11. Visit a new country - bro-in-law ended up not getting deployed. So no. But I've never been to Mexico, so I'll fulfill this one in November!!
12. Pay off my car - yep.
13. Donate hair to Locks of Love - nope. Got too impatient with the tangled mess in the heat. I have short hair now but I'm the only one who reaped the benefits.
14. Learn to change my own oil - nope.
15. Learn to play and accompany myself on at least 3 songs - nope. I've thought about it a lot, though.
16. Do an out-of-town race - nope. But I think Cozumel will more than make up for that.
17. Get boudoir pics done - nope. But I really should while I'm in the best shape of my life.
18. Do something with wedding pics - haha, nope.
19. Bench press 100 lbs for 3 reps - again, gotta check. Again, probably not.
20. Run the Flying Pig - yeah, we all know that didn't exactly work out.
21. Get concealed carry permit - yep.
22. Ride a segway - YES! We did a segway tour of Chicago. I also came close to killing myself as I never did master slowing down on a segway.
23. Take a belly dancing and/or pole dancing class - hmm. Never did.
24. Organize school papers - I'm beginning to think any tasks involving organization will just never be done.
25. Complete a knitting project - didn't even pick up the needles.
26. Visit a new state - nope.
27. Visit an out-of-town friend - nope.
28. Go vegetarian for a week - nope. And not anytime soon since I'm back in the swing of fueling Ironman training. We have made an effort to eat more meat-free meals, though.
29. Do something nice and unnecessary for myself once a month - I didn't keep track and probably missed some months, but I have made an effort to try to splurge more often and buy shoes I don't need (not running shoes!), etc. I am now hooked on pedicures.
30. Create a signature dish - no, but I've discovered lots of new recipes.
Not done, but concrete plans to do: 5
Maybe done (gotta check on the weight machines): 2
Fail: 13. :)
But I accomplished many other things this year. Not only that, but I have a few pretty life-altering things in the works for this next year - of course the IRONMAN, but there are a few other biggish things brewing. I think that 31 will be a pretty freaking epic year.