That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A pre-pig shout out

One week left until the Flying Pig. Exciting times here in the 'nati. Weather forecast for Pig day says high of 67 (yay) and showers (no yay)...but that will probably change. I rode my bike to my course monitor spot last week, so I can indeed get there on two wheels. (pretty easily, minus the difficult but doable Wooster hill) Wish they'd let me bike the Pig course. I'd love that.

Anyway, enough about me. I wanted to give a shout out to none other than my running buddy! Through two months of pig training, a painful 10k, and a few of the longest runs of my life, she kept me company. And since I've been injured, she's STILL motivated me and encouraged me through the hours of biking and swimming that I would've rather spent running. (Especially the swimming!) I attribute a lot of the increase in my own speed and endurance to the fact that I was sticking with her. (And, ok, I get a little competitive - in a good, friendly sort of way!) In addition to working full-time and being a wife and a mom to a toddler, RB has trained her butt off and she's going to kick some Piggie Ass next week!

(And then in June, she's going to be part of my Warrior Dash group!! HECK YES!!!!)

And also....what is really awesome is that RB, like me, decided to put her first marathon to work for a good cause and is running for charity. What's seriously admirable about that is that she saw the need in someone close to home, and created her own charity. Check that out here! I don't know if anyone here had considered supporting my Girls on the Run fundraising effort - and I WILL revisit that when I start marathon training again - but please consider supporting Team Rachel this time around. :)

In a week, you'll have a curly-tailed medal around your neck....go, Running Buddy, go!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I seriously have tears in my eyes right now! I really enjoyed running with and getting to know you over the last few months. Can't wait for the Warrior Dash! Thanks for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete