That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Garmin Love

This is fantastic. I love having detailed stats to analyze.

Yesterday's run:

401 miles
40:53.32
Average pace: 10:11
Fastest pace: 8:30
1: 9:52
2: 10:13
3: 10:28
4: 10:01

It was way fun doing speedwork with the Garmin too. And way easier! I could do solid .25 mile intervals with 2:00 jog breaks, exactly, without having to do any math on my own. I ended up doing 4.5 miles (It said 4.41 at the end of my run. I ran laps around my car until it evened out. Heehee!) The problem was, as it turns out, doing speedwork in the snow is a real pain in the butt. Thanks, parks department, for doing such a freaking FANTASTIC job of clearing off the bike trail. I know nobody's cycling with the 10 degree wind chill, but there are still runners/walkers out there who would prefer not to add "gaping head wound after slipping on ice" to their list of injuries.

Grr.

Anyway, I managed the speedwork, though it wasn't my fastest. Sprint pace ranged from 8:43/mi (first interval) to 10:26/mi (when the trail got ultra treacherous!) Yeah, it's really fun trying to run a quarter mile as fast as you can when it feels like you're running in quicksand and your feet are slipping backwards. AWESOME.

This is just going to make me a faster runner in good weather, right??

My goal is to run as much as I can for the next two weeks, because then I'll have two weeks off (during which I'm going to try to get in a little bit of running....as much as I'm willing to do while on a cruise ship!) and then I'll be into the marathon training, which I think at that point will be LESS running than I've been doing. Just working on building endurance now so I won't lose as much while on vacation, and I'll have more to build on for the marathon training....which will probably take over my life for the next three months.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment