That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New mantras

The world is not going to end because my leg hurts. It's just a freaking muscle strain. I can still swim. I can still bike. I have done an awesome round of both in the past 24 hours to get this funk out of my system. (Including my longest swim ever - 3000 yd.) I don't think it's the worst thing that I got injured and got so freaking frustrated about it; it's the worst thing that for a day or so, I contemplated just giving up on training for everything and allowing myself to settle into "this is too hard" pity partyland. I barely ate, I sat on the couch doing nothing but feeling sorry for myself; I caught myself sitting there staring at my toes.

EFF THAT NOISE. I am training for an Ironman, not an Ironwhinylittlebitch.

This cracked me up. Not just because the cat is swimming, but because I have an orange cat with one permanently flat ear and this soooo looks like him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment