That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. - Nietzsche

Monday, February 21, 2011

Attention Whoring: Links!!

Because my running buddy Jene says I should post this....

Air Force Half Pictures/Video

You can see me 6 seconds into the video, in a pinkish shirt, gray capris, and white visor, right under the guy's head that's in the way. :) I do this giant exaggerated arm pump - you can't miss it. This video cracks me up because I can almost see the thought process - "OMG I can't believe I just did this!! Umm, what the heck do I do now??"

Also, despite the thumbs up, I look like I'm about to keel over in the first pic. Being super fair-skinned doesn't help!


And also, I haven't mentioned it yet, but I decided to be a SoleMate for Girls on the Run for this marathon. I looked into coaching for this season, but I decided - rightly so - that it wouldn't be doable with work and marathon training. (Actually, it really wouldn't be doable - physically or mentally - with my job. When I don't work with kids anymore, I'll consider it more seriously!) Plus I have an out-of-town wedding the same day as the GOTR spring 5k. Sooo, still wanting to do SOMETHING for the girls, I'm fundraising. It's also extra motivation to train, to make sure I finish what I've started, to get out the door when my bed feels sooo nice.

I think my idea is pretty clever, although you're free to check out my page and decide for yourself. (No monetary obligation, I fully accept mental support and good running vibes too!)

My SoleMates Page

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOVE the video! You look super excited. I hope I have enough energy to get my hands over my head at the end of mine.

    I'll definitely check out your link. I have to think of a good mile to buy.

    ReplyDelete