- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seed kernels (or more peanuts/other nuts)
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 2 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or instant
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a large bowl, mix the peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, oat-
meal, and toasted rice cereal (and wheat germ). Set aside.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients; mix well.
- For squares, spoon the mixture into an 8"x 8" pan coated with cooking spray; for bars spoon it into a 9" x 13" pan. Press down firmly. (It helps to coat your fingers with oil or cooking spray.)
- Let stand for about an hour, then cut into squares or bars.